Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Peace

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support! We went away for the weekend and it was exactly what I needed. I'm feeling peaceful and calm and I've decided that adoption will be the right thing for us. I'm excited about no more doctor appointments, no more needles, no more ultrasounds or blood work. I wish things would have turned out differently but I'm excited about the future. I know that somehow, someway I will become a mom. I know the road to adoption will be difficult, but IVF was difficult, miscarriages were difficult and a failed FET was difficult. I'm so proud of all of you who continue with fertility treatments and IVF. But for me, at least right now it just doesn't feel right anymore. I want to be a mother. I'm ready to start the adoption process. Now if I only can pick out an agency and figure out which direction to go. I will still get to be a mother! Someday! Somehow!

8 comments:

  1. I understand completely! I just keep in mind that at the end of the day I will be a mother; I'll continue following your blog, because your journey is an inspiration! Best wishes to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Sandy! I am so glad you had a chance to get away and are feeling at peace with your decision. I continue to think of you and can't wait to follow your adoption journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are inspirational... you will get there :) Love to you always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you that you have made a decision, and feel peace with it. So excited to see where this new path takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post just lifted me up. I hope that you continue to post on your new journey to finding your wonderful child! We are pretty close I think to making the same decision. It is so exciting to hear of someone on the adoption path! Good luck and hope to hear great news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good attitude to have :) You'll get to be a mommy one way or another. I cannot wait to read about the new chapter of your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that indeed you have been able to become a mother. I'm sorry IVF was unsuccessful for you and hope adoption has opened the door. I work for a zift gender selection fertility clinic.

    ReplyDelete