Friday, April 29, 2011

Things Dont Always Go As Planned

Wednesday was the big day where I had my little embies put into me. I haven't stopped thinking about them since that moment and I know this sounds corny but I love them already. I would like to say the morning went as planned with no hiccups, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. But all of us in the IF world know things often don't go as we plan.

First, the doctor had some bad news for me. Three of our embryos had died during the night. WTF? But on the positive side, the three embryos he was putting into me he considered "Grade A" and he was very optimistic about our success. However, we would now only have two embies to freeze and they are not what he would consider "Grade A." I'm still thankful I have some to freeze. Maybe they aren't perfect, but at least it gives me something to hold onto.

The nurse had told me Tuesday night drink water, take your Valium an hour before the procedure, but do not empty your bladder two hours before the procedure. Um OK, but I really do have the bladder the size of a pea. I made it through the procedure and was suppose to lay resting for a 1.5 before my journey home. I tried so hard to not have to get up and go to the bathroom, but my bladder wouldn't hold out. I was beginning to feel so uncomfortable and I knew that soon if I didn't go I would have an accident. As gross as it sounds, I would have been willing to have an accident if it gave my babies a better shot. But C. went to get the nurse and both her and the doctor agreed I could get up to use the restroom. I was all teary eyed, mad at my damn little bladder, but my doctor's reassurance that I didn't screw anything up helped and I tried to go back to my positive thoughts as quickly as possible.

I've been resting since then. Eating pineapple, rubbing my belly and praying that these little guys grow. My doctor said I could official go back to normal activities today except for no lifting anything over 10 pounds, no sex or exercise but since it's Friday I decided to stay at home one more day. I also don't plan on doing much over the weekend. I'm not sure if any of this will help, but it feels like it's the best I can do for myself right now. I also have to say I feel very blessed that my DH (C.), family, friends, and fellow bloggers have given me so many positive thoughts and support.

5 comments:

  1. Things might not have gone as perfectly as you had hoped, but you sure are PUPO! Best wishes for the embies that made it to freeze and fingers crossed for those that are working their way into your lining. Rest up, be good to yourself and hold onto those positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you got 3 Grade A embryos!! Keeping my fingers crossed that this is the one for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for rest and pineapple! I hope that your little embabies are sitting comfortably in your belly (I know that's not really where they go, but it's more fun to say) and saying to one another, "Yeah, I could hang out here for nine months." Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good you're taking it easy and eating your pineapple! I also had to pee shortly after the transfer, and now I'm pregnant! So no worries!!! Hope the wait goes quickly for you!!!

    ReplyDelete